Appliance Testing and Tagging
What do we mean by Appliance Test and Tag?
Test and Tagging is basically TESTING your electrical appliances and equipment and then TAGGING it with a PASS or FAIL sticker.
What needs to be tested?
Any electrical equipment that is connected to the electrical supply by a flexible cord and/or connecting device needs to tested and tagged.
Examples of office equipment that you probably use on a daily basis without even realising:
- Kitchen appliances such as: Toasters, Kettles & Water Boilers, Microwaves, Coffee Machines, Fridges & Freezers etc (even if they have been brought in from home)
- Computer equipment such as: leads for Computers, Printers, Monitors, Tills, Phone & Tablet chargers
- General equipment such as: Electric Fans, Radios, Stereos, Electric Clocks
Examples of specialist Electrical Tools & Equipment that you may use in the process of running your individual business:
- Tools (Drills, Saws, Cutters, Machines, Compressors etc)
- Ovens & other Commercial Kitchen equipment
- Extension Leads
- RCD Protection
How often does my equipment need to be re-tested?
The tagging re-test cycle depends on the type of electrical equipment & the environment in which it is being utilised, ie: an extension lead being used every day on a building site will require more frequent testing than an office desktop computer. Typical testing cycles are 3 monthly, 6 monthly, 12 monthly or 5 yearly.
Testing should be carried out over the entire life of the electrical equipment
Why use a licenced electrician from Laser Electrical Remuera to Test & Tag your electrical equipment & appliances?
- If a piece of electrical equipment fails the test – because you are using Laser Electrical Remuera's registered electricians, we can quickly assess whether the appliance is repairable, & if so, carry out the repair quick-smart!
- Our system creates a Log of the testing history for every piece of equipment in your business. Therefore, at any time, we can print a report showing the full test history for any Test & Tagged appliance
- You don’t need to remember to get hold of us when any piece of equipment is due to be re-tested. Our system will alert us & we can then notify you to get a re-test booked in.
Get in touch with us if you'd like to find out more:
When you hire a Laser Electrician , you'll receive ourservice, guaranteed!
- Timely delivery
- Promise of care and skill
- Appropriate work for customers' needs
- Well-presented, professional employees
- Ensure responsibility of material supplied
- Honour manufacturer's guarantees
- Meet and frequently exceed our customers' expectations